Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY****

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cherylndesigns

cherylndesigns

Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY****   Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 10:02 pm

Creating Simple Drop Shadows and Giving Your Element Dimension

Hello scrappers!  Pink Lady Cheryl here to show you how to make simple drop shadows and add some dimension to your elements.  We've had some requests to do this tutorial in the Sweet Shoppe Designs forum "Ask The Pink Ladies": https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95436&highlight=pink+ladies

I'm using a tag from Butterflies In My Stomach, by Pink Reptile Designs.  You can find this collection at Sweet Shoppe Designs:https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/sweetshoppe/product.php?productid=53759&cat=&page=1

I'm opening the tag on a blank document.  (You'll be opening your element on a scrapbook page.)

Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** 1_tuto10

Click on the  tag, then click on "Styles", then "Soft Edge".

Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** Click_20

Next, click on "Show Style Settings".

Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** Click_21

Last edited by cherylndesigns on Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:59 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
cherylndesigns

cherylndesigns

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY****   Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2022 6:48 am

Turn the "dial" (lighting angle) until you get the shadow you like. Then click OK.

Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** Move_t11

Another method to creating a shadow (and the method I personally prefer) is to put your cursor on the element and "pull" the shadow away from the element.  NOTE: you have to be in the "Show Style Settings" (see above) or this method won't work.

Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** You_ca10

Here's my finished tag.  I almost always make my shadows go to the right and a little bit below the element.  Be careful, if you're shadowing lots of elements, that your shadows are all going in the same direction.  You don't want your shadows going all over the place. Think of a light hitting somewhere at the top of your page (I picture the light at the top left) and imagine how that light would hit your elements, causing a shadow on each one.

Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** My_fin11

As I said starting out, I've been using a blank, white document for clarity's sake, but you'll be repeating this process right on your scrapbooking page. I hope this has been helpful and I'll be back next month with another tutorial.
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY****   Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2022 10:05 am

@Chryl I scheduled your tutorial. It will go live tomorrow, november 15 :loveshower:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY****   Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY**** I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tutorial for November 1- Due October 27th ****READY****
Page 1 of 1