Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oct Blog Calendar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Oct 3 Jenn Ma Tutorial (using Sept's tut - so all set!)
Oct 10 Scrap Lift Round Robin (ready for Blog)
Oct 15 Scrap Lift Round Robin Challenge (ready)
Oct 17 San's Fave Fonts (last one for the year -ready in email)
Oct 24 Hybrid
Oct 31 Pretty Pages (?? Karen W ??)

Last edited by jennmccabe on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
miekster

miekster

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Jenn, I'll work out the waxine lights for this months hybrid
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 9:47 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thankyou:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 11:12 pm

looking forward to seeing that project!
Back to top Go down
MlleTerraMoka
CT member
MlleTerraMoka

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 8:41 pm

As an hybrid scrapbooking addict, I have a lot of printed photos.
And I always look for them when I sit down front of my scrapbooking table. To help me I decided to create a pocket to keep and classify my photos

I built the pocket in a kraft paper.
I cut several pieces : a main part to create the back and the front of pocket , a flap to close the pocket and 3 dividers to separate inside of the pocket to create differents spaces to classify my photos
Oct Blog Calendar 110

The first step is to glue the flap on the main cardstock to gather them and create the complet pocket
Oct Blog Calendar 210
Oct Blog Calendar 310

Then I cut in a yellow paper two rectangle (yellow paper from Mark the date|papers). I folded them, several times, to create an paper accordion.
Oct Blog Calendar 410

I glued them on the edges of my pocket. These accordions will be use runners to slide the diviers inside the pocket
Oct Blog Calendar 510
Oct Blog Calendar 610

I covered the pocket's back with a blue paper from If only|papers
Oct Blog Calendar 710

I covered to the flap and the front parts. I used a paper from Forget me note|papers to decorate the flap

Then I closed the pocket to glued the yellow accordions on the kraft paper (front part) :
Oct Blog Calendar 810

I inserted the dividers :
Oct Blog Calendar 910

The next step is the creation of the closure.
I punched two holes on the flap :
Oct Blog Calendar 1010

I decided to sew a button. To hep me, I marked holes of the button with a black pen to create 4 marks and to know where pierce with my needle :
Oct Blog Calendar 1110

Oct Blog Calendar 1210

Then I create a tie with a string
Oct Blog Calendar 1310

My closure is done and my pocket too !

Oct Blog Calendar 1510

I added some elements to decorate the pocket.
I glued leaves patterns cut in glitter paper and wood leaves
Oct Blog Calendar 1610

I added a big flower cut with my cutting machine (cuttlebug) in a blue paper from All eyes on you|papers. I love this paper because is several shading of blue and it's perfect with a die cut
Oct Blog Calendar 1710

To finish I cut with my scissors SNAP SHOT from a journaling card (from Spring Is... | Journal Cards)
Oct Blog Calendar 1810

My pocket is finished :
Oct Blog Calendar 1910

Oct Blog Calendar 2010

Last edited by MlleTerraMoka on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mlleterramoka.canalblog.com
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 9:29 pm

:thumbsup: :biglove: :loveshower:
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 10:15 pm

So cute! I love how the project ties in with scrapbooking too ... what a great idea. So much prettier to have your photos stored in a little custom made folder/pocket!!!
Back to top Go down
Karen W

Karen W

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 7:48 am

I can get onto pretty pictures tomorrow xx
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 2:48 pm

thanks SO MUCH Karen!!

(just a heads up ... for next month (nov) we may be highlighting the round robin pages - so check in on the forums before you do any write-ups )
Back to top Go down
Karen W

Karen W

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 3:07 pm

No problem, will avoid them x
Back to top Go down
Karen W

Karen W

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 2:15 am

Hi Everyone,
Well, it is spring here finally! We have been keeping a close eye on a baby magpie that has found its way into our yard and is still not big enough to fly – it looks like a very ugly awkward chicken! We were worried about all the cats in the neighbourhood, but all the big magpies are very good at protecting the little one – it has become our constant entertainment, waiting for our ugly chicken to fly!

I have been loving all the Halloween pages, even though we don’t celebrate it here – I love the colour schemes and fun costume photos that have been appearing! I am also enjoying following this month’s Round Robin lift – still plenty of time to join in that fun!

And now finally onto last month’s Pretty Pages – the wonderful template for the challenge was used in many creative ways, I have highlighted a couple here.

Firstly Smile by KairynLisa – so love the neutral cardboard background paper that allows all the  black and white speech bubble paper and the red scallops to absolutely pop off the page. Add in some aqua and pink as well as a gorgeous couple photo that beams happiness and there is a page I absolutely love!
Oct Blog Calendar Full?d=1507338590

http://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/smile-right.316927/
Another wonderful use of the template, mixing it up a little is Drive by AnotherAmanda. I am a huge fan of big photos and using the designated photo spot for journaling is inspired -  such a fun page. All the arrows and dashed lines add colour and movement, so appropriate for the little man in his car.
Oct Blog Calendar Full?d=1508024429
http://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/driveoct2017galprdoct2017c.318035/

Lastly a clean and very effective page, First Days from Yellow Peep – I am such a big fan of her work! I had quite a few I could have chosen but I loved this one so much! The lovely solid background colour and the strong diagonal design, it all works so well. The shadowing adds a lovely floaty effect, perfect for the gorgeous photos.
Oct Blog Calendar Full?d=1506796804
http://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/first-days-2017.316129/full?d=1506796804

That’s all for this month – have a lovely month and don’t forget to drop by the gallery to get some inspiration!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 10:44 am

:biglove: :loveshower: awesome picks Karen!
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks Karen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oct Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Calendar   Oct Blog Calendar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oct Blog Calendar
Page 1 of 1