Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) Empty
PostSubject: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 2:27 am

Today I'm super excited to share with you the first in a new blog series, Customer Spotlight, where I will periodically be featuring and celebrating one of my customers here on the blog with a question and answer session, to get to know them better, and to give them a chance to showcase a few of their favorite layouts!

Please welcome our very first Customer Spotlight Hélène!!! I hope you enjoy getting to know Hélène a little better, both as a scrapbooker and as a person. I know I did! :)

POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) 63914912

Name: Hélène
Alias (how are you known in Digiland): Buzinettescrap
Favorite PRD Kit or Product: In fact, this simple question is actually a very very difficult question for me. I really love all the kits of Mirjam and I use them all regularly ... we'll say that my favorite at the moment of write this is "Love the life you live." I adore these pop colors and the diversity of elements.

How long have you been scrapping?
I started starting scrapbooking in November 2012. In fact, I was looking for a way to make by myself the birth announcement of my daughter. It was by chance that I discovered digital scrapbooking. I bought a few kits and started making pages. In February 2013, I registered on a forum in France called digiscrap-addict .... and this is where I became addicted to scrap ... and because of Céline aka Louso [yes I say because but I think thanks to lol] addicted to Pink Reptile Designs products …. and The LilyPad products in general actually.

What is your go to product? Something that seems to find it’s way on many of your pages?[stitches, tags, patterned papers, doodles, paint, etc]
By looking through my gallery, I realize that my style has changed a lot recently. But on nearly all my layouts, I used brushes, stitches and string. In Mirjam's kits for instance, I particularly love the small elements in crochet.
For paper, I like to use a rather simple and clear paper as a background [not necessarily solid paper] and to play with patterned paper that really pops.

What would your dream kit be, if you could have any kit created for you?
This is perhaps the most difficult question for me. I love to scrap all the little details of our life. I always have my camera ready to capture our giggling… and sometimes our cry. But if I want a kit that represents myself and our life, I choose a kit that speaks about the joy of life in the countryside. We live in very small town and the atmosphere is very different from the big town. We love hiking and every Sunday, when the weather is good, we can walk to see the cows. Our daughter loves these little walks and awaits them impatiently. Recently, she has even started to give them grass. And when we get close to their pasture, she calls them by screaming out loud. This is too cute. I have many pictures of these strolls but very few pages to speak about this moment.

Best scrapbooking trick you learned.
I don’t know what my best discovering technique in scrapbooking is. In fact, I love to learn new techniques. But the technique that I use more often is to play with the layer mode. This technique has allowed me to improve my blending, but also my editing pictures to adjust the colors to the colors of kits that I use and it also helps me to work my pictures to turn them into a drawing or sketch. The deformation of shadows was also a revelation for me. I admired the technique on other pages without having found the technique but after the Month of Challenges, I found how to do this with my software and I do it very often now!

Random facts that we might not know about you?
1. The thing I'm most proud of in my life (after my daugther) is my thesis in plant biology. Writing it and making my presentation was not really easy because I had to write in English [and if you said that to my English teacher in college he probably would not believe you because I was so bad lol] but now, I am proud to say that I am a doctor of plant biology and plant breeding. Currently, this is my job and I love what I do (even if I need to release my creativity through scrapbooking lol)
2. I am addicted to all of kind of treats: candy , cake ... but since the birth of my daughter, I am much more aware because she imitates me in all ....
3. I did dance for a few years and I would like the days to have more hours so I could get back to it. In compensation, I dance with my daughter every evening before she’s going to bed.

Here are a few of Hélène's favorite layouts that she created:

POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) 05_Journaling_PDR_Love_the_life_you_live_clivesay_insd2014
Happy Moments with You

POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) 0135_PinkReptile_Scraplift_ExtractionDigimania
Snapshot

Aren't those pages gorgeous? I adore the flow of the journaling around the "Happy Moments with You" page, as it leads your eye from the photo down to the large word art and the pretty cluster at the bottom of the page. This layout is so well composed! "Snapshot" is an amazing page, with that awesome extraction! The arm extending outside the frame to touch the tree really plays into the idea of how curious children are and the idea that they want to feel and touch everything in their world. Brilliant page!

Thank you so much Hélène, for sharing a bit of yourself and your talent with us on my blog! I hope you enjoy your $10 gift certificate to my store at The Lilypad and I cannot wait to see what you create next!

Last edited by jennmccabe on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 10:11 am

Wow she's a doctor in plant biology? Who would have thought and isn't she the cutest! Super duper interview Jenn!
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
CFile

CFile

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Great interview!
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 5:46 pm

Yay! It's almost time for this new feature on the blog.

Mirjam ... do you want to add the fact that you gave her a GC to your store? might entice others to create and post pages in your TLP gallery? I'm still looking for our next Customer Spotlight ... have a few ideas
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 6:02 pm

Oh yeah I think it might be a good idea to add that she got a coupon yes.
Where shall we put that fact?

Oh and Jenn [just so you know] I made and sent a bunch of neon colored crochet flowers to Géraldine so she could make a little something hybrid with them. I thought it might be fun that add a little giveaway to the post they are featured in and that way promote a bit of hybrid scrapping. Of course the prize will be a set of those flowers.
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 6:15 pm

maybe at the bottom of the interview? how much did you end up giving her? i f you want i can add something....

a giveaway is an awesome idea! :)
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 8:15 pm

I also love the idea of the giveaway. Especially to promote the hybrid posts. Géraldine is totally rocking those and we hardly ever get a reply on them.

I ended up giving her a 10 dollar coupon and yes I think at the end of the post woudl be the spot now that you mention it.
Back to top Go down
Louso
CT member
Louso

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 10:35 am

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow great!!!
what intervew! Helen tells me nothing! We are friends indeed. The secretive!
This is an absolutely great person, full of energy and creativity. I'm really happy for her. She is crazy about your creations Mirjam, I imagine her happiness to be able to do this spotlight.
Thank you very much for her  :biglove: 
Back to top Go down
http://scrapdelouso.wordpress.com/
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 11:45 am

I agree that she is a VERY nige person Céline and I think we couldn't have picked a better person for the first spotlight!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 1:06 pm

POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) Custom10

I made this header for Hélènes post. Although I truly LOVE that big picture sjhe gave I think I need to standardize since I have NO clue as to what quality or size photos I'll get for future spotlights.....
What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 4:45 pm

that header looks awesome mirjam! love. i agree on keeping it smaller and standard across all posts.

so excited for her spotlight. she was so cute & excited to be the first Céline.

i usually ask everyone to send me a decent size pic so you have more to work with and can easily size down. if you have a set size you want to do going forward, just let me know ... bc usually everyone asks "what size do you need?" :)

Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 4:56 pm

Thanks Jenn! I am actuallt still playing around a bit.

Which do you prefer?

POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) Untitl10

Oh yeah and what shall I say about the coupon exactly? Shall I add "Enjoy the 10 dollar coupon to my store! "?

Thank you so much Hélène, for sharing a bit of yourself and your talent with us on my blog! Enjoy the 10 dollar coupon to my store!

Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 4:58 pm

i added the fact that you are giving $10 GC to "customer spotlight" girls ... but if it sounds too dorky or vague feel free to change the wording. lol.
shall we put this in the Announcement area of TLP when it goes live ... enticing more customers to make PRD pages?
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 4:59 pm

i kind of like the 2nd one with the photo and personal info right next to the photo! :)

Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Then we think the same. i will keep it like that. It's a table in which I can smply change the photo and text. The size of the photo is 320 by 320 but I'd like them a bit bigger so I can crop them if I want. Know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 5:39 pm

gotcha. will just ask for a nice big photo! ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)   POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POSTED July 1 Customer Spotlight | Buzinette (Helene)
Page 1 of 1