Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March Tutorial - SCHEDULED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jk703

jk703

March Tutorial - SCHEDULED Empty
PostSubject: March Tutorial - SCHEDULED   March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 6:09 am

Images for now... I will come back to add the verbiage. These are all larger images so that you can make them the size you need for the blog.

Charcil or Pencoal? LOL! Combo of pencil charcoal look. PenChar?  :teehee:

First, make a duplicate of your photo - right click to duplicate or Command + J. This way the original is still available.
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-mZZ6rJS-L

Next, choose the new duplicated layer in the Layers Palette. Then click on Image > Adjustments > Desaturate. This will cause your image to turn to a black and white version. I believe for PSE users you have to choose to Enhance>Adjust Color>Adjust Hue & Saturation. Then bring the saturation slider all the way to the left.
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-HdSsQGB-L

Here is my Layers Palette. You will now choose the top layer.
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-SRsVMQW-L

Remember that the Top layer in the Layers Palette should be chosen. Next, change it’s Blend Mode to Color Dodge.
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-d4VnxcB-L

Your image will have an almost over white black and white image. Like this:
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-scV8P2S-L

The top layer is still selected at this point. Next, click Image > Adjustments > Invert. (For PSE it’s Filter>Adjustment>Invert.) Your image will turn ALL white right after inverting it. It’s normal. Ok.
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-8xq6zvk-L

Next, click on Filter > Blur > Guassian Blur. You will move the slider to a lower number, probably between 20-60, depending on your photo. Mine is around 46.
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-gJ4m4Fk-L

The image lost a lot of it’s detail when we added the blur. We will get some back.
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-W5rGdBr-L

Create an Adjustment Layer for Levels. I used the half white/half black circle on the bottom of the Layers Palette to do this step.
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-gw4RVhG-L

Now, choose the middle triangle under the chart. Slide it to the right. It will change the image, so watch and slide at the same time. It will bring some of the detail back.
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-46nrkbx-L

I feel that the surrounding area takes away from him, so I’m going to bring a little more focus to the image. There are two ways to do this. Either using the Eraser Tool, or the Brush Tool. For the Eraser, you basically choose that, and then erase.

For the Brus method select the layer just under the Levels Adjustment. Press D to change your foreground and background colors to the default setting.
Now, choose the Brush Tool, and use a Soft Round Brush, and you will brush over the edges with white.
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-MzkzRxg-M

Here is my final image:
March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I-8WDmCmX-L

Hoping you enjoyed trying something new this month!
Thanks for visiting!

Jenn Marione | jk703

Last edited by jk703 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial - SCHEDULED   March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Aww, look at Benson! Love it Jenn! :heartshape:
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial - SCHEDULED   March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 4:56 pm

super cute!
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial - SCHEDULED   March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 11:52 pm

Words coming tomorrow.... GNO tonight! Wooo hoo, lol!
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial - SCHEDULED   March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 5:20 am

Ready. :)
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial - SCHEDULED   March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2018 10:13 am

:thumbsup: Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial - SCHEDULED   March Tutorial - SCHEDULED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March Tutorial - SCHEDULED
Page 1 of 1