Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jk703

jk703

March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  Empty
PostSubject: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 7:58 am

Lovebug Elements - http://the-lilypad.com/store/Love-Bug-Elements.html
Lovebug Papers - http://the-lilypad.com/store/Love-Bug-Papers.html
Lovebug Alpha - http://the-lilypad.com/store/Love-Bug-Alpha.html
Template - Scrapping with Liz - Hearts To Love - http://the-lilypad.com/store/Hearts-to-Love-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates.html

Hi Everyone! Hope you are all doing great today! This is Jenn, aka jk703, here to bring you a super fun and pretty easy tutorial to give your pages a bit of a "pop." Literally! Here is the page I made:

March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  Full

For my layout, I'm using Mirjam's Lovebug collection that was released for the BYOC in February! If you haven't seen the elements, they are the cutest! My layout was focusing on the teal, red and crafty colors. I wanted to make a pop with my background paper, but was also looking for a bit muted so the photos could shine. I decided to dry emboss my paper! Here is how I did this!

First, pick out two papers. One will have the pattern that you want, and the other will have the color that you want. I wanted a neutral color, kraft, and a fun background, large circle/polka! You will then open up your patterned paper in Photothop, and save it as a .psd file. Save it where you can locate it in a minute.
March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I-45ghTnh-L

Here is what my layout looks with the kraft paper as the BG.
March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I-Rtzx67N-L

With that kraft paper selected in the Layers Palette, choose Filter > Texture > Texturizer.  
March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I-c5MF3c2

A BIG menu will appear, and you will look to the top right of the screen. Specifically, where the its bitsy lines and triangle are on the side. Click that, and load the texture. You will load the file you just saved above.
March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I-vKwhKRG

Once you load the texture, you will see it on the left side of the screen. Like this:
March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I-gnBgkG8-L

While it does have some embossed look to it, it seems too drastic of a change to look real to me. I am basing my opinion on my old stamping days, and dry embossing days. It was much softer, and less defined when I embossed with the light table and a metal stencil.

There are settings on the right side, under where you load the texture. Play with those. Enlarge the pattern, make it smaller, change the lighting, and try inversing it!  

This looks a little better to me. I've enlarged the pattern, and set the relief to 8. I've also changed the light to come from the top right. This is in line with how I shadow as well.
March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I-Q5GRRkj-L

Here, I've called it down to 55%, a 6 for relief and inverted the pattern.
March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I-PHzWjgz-L

Using the last look, here is what my page looks like with the embossed pattern.
March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I-dLrpgTb-L

To go backwards, I undo, and then start again to add the texture. I enlarge it again, and like the look better for this particular layout. Just like this....
March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I-QGhNf7B-L

There you have it! A quick and easy way to use the patterns you love on a neutral background.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like this tutorial! I would love to see the pages in the gallery using this technique!
Jenn | jk703

Last edited by jk703 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 11:21 am

They are SO going to LOVE this tut! :burnheart: :biglove: :toottoot:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 6:07 am

Words added... if anyone peeks, please read and let me know if it seems ok, clear and easy.

Will be working on the Tips next. :)
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 5:45 am

Tip #1:
Quick Default: Pressing the "D" key will return your Foreground and Background colors to the default - white/black.

Tip #2:
Command + Enter = Commit.
March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I-sQLMJRt

Image link: https://thetypativescrapper.smugmug.com/photos/i-sQLMJRt/0/O/i-sQLMJRt.jpg

Last edited by jk703 on Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 5:46 am

ok Mirjam.... I think it's good for March. Let me know if you would like any changes or anything isn't clear.

I'll check back!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 11:38 am

They are ALL perfect Jenn! :biglove: THANKS!!! :smooch: :yourock:
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:16 pm

ok. Then we are all set. :)
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 12:38 am

Yes we are Jenn!!! :highfive:
Back to top Go down
dvhoward

dvhoward

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 12:05 am

Wow, I never knew about this embossing technique.  I used it in PSE 11 and it worked perfectly!!  Here is the paper I embossed from Forget Me Not.

March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  Prd_forgetmenot_pp_05_zpsmlejqvpn

Here is my layout using it as part of my background:

March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  EmbossingTrial-web_zpsbsgtfspp
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 12:51 am

Yay!!! You just made me so happy, Diane! Thank you! I love seeing what people create with the tutorials!

:burnheart: :biglove:

I just love the roses!
Back to top Go down
dvhoward

dvhoward

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 3:02 am

Jenn, you made MY day with a new technique. I think others will find the tut helpful, too. :grin: :thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:41 pm

you guys both make me SO happy!!!! :highfive: :smooch:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips    March Tutorial  [SCHEDULED] and Tips  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March Tutorial [SCHEDULED] and Tips
Page 1 of 1