Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED

Go down 
+2
miekster
ninigoesdigi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED Empty
PostSubject: Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED   Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 5:45 am

Hi everyone! Today I wanted to share a fun idea for your iconic travel images. Before I try to explain, let's just have a quick look at the inspiration I found on Pinterest (found at ABDUZEEDO.COM/WILD WIND/DESIGNS.VN).

Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED Travel10

I thought this idea would translate so well to digital scrapbooking ... I can see creating these as covers for travel and vacation albums or as special stand out pages in our books. The idea of creating travel photography monograms probably works best with photos that are instantly recognizable as being associated with a specific city or place, like the Statue of Liberty in New York harbor or the Eiffel Tower in Paris, but feel free to experiment. This could probably work for a lot of different types of photographs and events. The possibilities are endless. But for now ... I did focus on keeping with the travel theme.

I had so much fun recreating this look with some of my photographs of the places I have recently visited. Here's a few that I'd like to share with you.

First is NY City. This is the flatiron building and it's long lines lend itself to the long lines of the N in New York.

Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED Ny_pag11

I also did one with a photo of a celtic cross gravestone marker from our visit to Ireland. Again the long lines of the cross really compliment the I in Ireland.

Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED Irelan11

And the last one I did was of the new ferris wheel in Montreal. Even though the M in Montreal does not have any complimentary curves (as does the wheel), I kind of like the break the wheel makes in the sleek, linear shape of the initial M.

Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED Montre12
Tip: to create this look I grab two copies of my photo and lock them so one image does not accidentally get moved and misaligned. I clip one copy to the large monogram/text/initial and the other I extract from the background so that it breaks the bounds of the monogram.

So next time you sit down to scrap some travel photographs - consider making a travel photography monogram. If you give this a try, we'd love to see what you create!

Last edited by jennmccabe on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED   Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 5:54 am

almost done ... I messed up on my dates and I also left a weird shadow on the left side of the Montreal page. I'll update soon.
Back to top Go down
ninigoesdigi
CT member
ninigoesdigi

PostSubject: Re: Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED   Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 2:59 am

:burnheart: :burnheart: :burnheart:
Back to top Go down
http://ninigoesdigi.wordpress.com/
miekster

miekster

PostSubject: Re: Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED   Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 10:59 pm

This is amazing! :burnheart:
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED   Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:46 pm

thank you ladies.
post is all set Mirjam.
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED   Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 10:45 pm

It's FANTASTIC!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
MlleTerraMoka
CT member
MlleTerraMoka

PostSubject: Re: Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED   Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Awesome idea !!!
Back to top Go down
http://mlleterramoka.canalblog.com
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED   Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 5:38 pm

Jenn... you are a creative genius! Gorgeous! All are really WOW pages!
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED   Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 6:17 pm

Thanks ladies! :heartshape: Pinterest does the work for me! :thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED   Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms  SCHEDULED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jan 9th | Travel Photography Monograms SCHEDULED
Page 1 of 1