Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Due Aug 1 for Inspo Aug 6 *SCHEDULED*

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CFile

CFile

Due Aug 1 for Inspo Aug 6 *SCHEDULED* Empty
PostSubject: Due Aug 1 for Inspo Aug 6 *SCHEDULED*   Due Aug 1 for Inspo Aug 6 *SCHEDULED* I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2024 2:58 pm

Hi Everyone! Pink Lady Christa here, with another Inspiration post for you.

I really love being inspired by large photos and blending / masking the photo in to become part of the background. Here I have used the Step by Step bundle collection by Pink Reptile Designs

Due Aug 1 for Inspo Aug 6 *SCHEDULED* Prd_st11

and in addition to blending, I also used a torn brush by brusheezy to make a torn edge.

Due Aug 1 for Inspo Aug 6 *SCHEDULED* 20240614

The torn edge gives the page some extra dimension on it to give it almost a realistic feel after adding a shadow. I used the brush on the edge. I duplicated the torn edge brush and then the bottom layered one, I moved slightly over to the left and up or down and then filled with white. I added a filter to give it some roughness to it, and a shadow. The top torn edge, I just clipped a paper to it.

The background paper below the tear, is where I used a soft round brush. On the layer with the photo I used a "black mask" concealing the photo and then using white color and the soft round brush on the black masked portion, I "painted" in my larger photo. I really think it gives a good focal point to the page. By adding a second photo (framed and shadowed) to the left, I think adds some dimension and balances the page. I tucked some papers and a JC under the photo with some shadows and added some elements and stitching to my page to accent everything.

I really love being inspired by these techniques and hope you are too. I love the look of masking photos into the background, yet adding additional items (torn paper, elements and shadowing). It really makes a digital page come to life and give it that "real feel" reflecting dimensions and texture.

I do hope this inspires you to give your pages that extra "oomph".

Happy Scrapping!

mirjam likes this post

Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

Due Aug 1 for Inspo Aug 6 *SCHEDULED* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Due Aug 1 for Inspo Aug 6 *SCHEDULED*   Due Aug 1 for Inspo Aug 6 *SCHEDULED* I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2024 7:41 pm

awesome sauce Christa!! Great inspo and great page! Also love your torn edge tips! :heartshape: :smooch: :drool: :burnheart: :highfive:

CFile likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com

Due Aug 1 for Inspo Aug 6 *SCHEDULED*
Page 1 of 1