Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) Empty
PostSubject: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Hi friends! Today we are sharing something a little different with you here on the blog. We thought it might be fun to showcase a page from the PRD gallery and have three of us scrap lift it. As we move along in this Round Robin style scrap lift adventure, the page design will morph and change a bit, as each scrapper puts their spin on things. So are you ready?

I'll start by grabbing this beautiful Sisters page by dvhoward.

Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) Full
By DVHoward

I loved the linear composition across the top third of Diane's page, so I stuck with that as I created my page. I also was really drawn to all the color and the fun clusters of different elements and textures ... so you can really see those aspects in my take on the page. I also left the title in the same location, but did choose to add a bit of journaling which ended up changing the overall design slightly by adding some text and a tiny sprinkle of elements in the bottom right corner. Instead of the paper strips, I let the crochet and flower borders fill in as a foundation to move the eye from left to right. I added an extra photo too. Here's my take on Diane's page:

Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) Thesug10
By Jenn

Next up in our Round Robin scrap lift is Rikki who states: I was inspired by the diagonal layout that I wanted to recreate without too much clustering or layering. So I chose journal cards and rectangle elements and papers. To emphasize that I added paper squares in the corners and ribbons. Also I was drawn to the pink and yellow colours (which complement the b/w photo nicely, I think) and the crochet elements and added the same yellow crochet border to my pink journaling card. Here's Rikki's take on my page:

Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) 170827_scrapliftjenn-copy
By Rikki

And finally we have Nini completing our Round Robin lift. Here's what she has to say about the process: I was first of all inspired by the flow of the papers and photos, the tile/mosaic style of it. I followed that to place my photos and some bits of paper here and there. I liked the pop of flashy pink also because it was just perfect to go with my freshly taken pictures. From her page I also took the buttons on paper bits placement, the arrows (in the ribbon for her) and the stitches and arranged them on my page to my taste. Like her, I placed my title on a paper spot but not all. I mixed it up with a more calligraphic/handwritten font for the most important words because I like big titles and I love calligraphic fonts :giggle: she had a subtle brush overlay on her background and I used a few too as color accents but I can't resist splatters and paint or brush overlays and I couldn't stop at just 1! lol. Here's Nini's take on Rikki's page.

Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) 2017-015
By Nini

Wasn't that fun to see how we took one page and watched it morph as it made it's way through 3 different scrapper's digital hands? I loved seeing this process progress! Keep adding your pages to the PRD Gallery and maybe next time your page will be the one lifted.

Last edited by jennmccabe on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:36 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 9:48 pm

Rikki ... I lifted a page by Diane. If you are still interested you can now lift my page. Feel free to do any style you want - does not have to be a clean, white space page at all ... but just try to find a few things to lift about it.

***Up to you if you want to explain a little about what you did .... or not. If you do not like writing ... I can very easily write up a description of how your lift came together ... so no worries about that part.
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Mirjam - if you end up making a new header for this Round Robin Scraplift post - can we have it with a trio of photos (maybe in a circular cluster - since it is round robin?) ... one little headshot of each of us who is making the pages this month?
so that's me, rikki ... and one other CT TBA

-just an idea :big love:

Update : Nini will be the 3rd scrapper for this Round Robin. Thanks Mirjam!

Last edited by jennmccabe on Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 9:59 pm

rikki ... can Mirjam grab your avatar from TLP ... or do you want to provide a new/different headshot? if different drop it in here before the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
RikkiD

RikkiD

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 10:08 pm

Got it, Jenn. Will make my page asap, probably tomorrow. I'll write a little about it, no problem.

Yes, Mirjam can grab my avatar from TLP, that's what I use most places.
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 8:51 am

I will make something as soon as I can!
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
RikkiD

RikkiD

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 10:53 am

My lift of Jenn's page

Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) 170827_scrapliftjenn-copy

I was inspired by the diagonal layout that I wanted to recreate without too much clustering or layering. So I chose journal cards and rectangle elements and papers. To emphasize that I added paper squares in the corners and ribbons.
Also I was drawn to the pink and yellow colours (which complement the b/w photo nicely, I think) and the crochet elements and added the same yellow crochet border to my pink journaling card.
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 4:54 pm

I love that photo Rikki! Great page! :thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 5:38 pm

I just love it Rikki ... and you are so fast! So cool to see how you interpreted it. Thanks so much for helping out! :loveshower:
Back to top Go down
RikkiD

RikkiD

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks! I am only that fast because I am still on staycation and it is so hot that all I can do is stay indoors, :-)

Back to top Go down
dvhoward

dvhoward

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 11:56 pm

This is so fun!! I love that you started with my page about my girls. Great morphs, girls. :thumbsup: :loveshower:
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 am

If I can find me a bit of spare time this evening I would LOVE to create that 3rd page if no one else volunteers!
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 5:50 pm

mirjam wrote:
If I can find me a bit of spare time this evening I would LOVE to create that 3rd page if no one else volunteers!

Nini volunteered ... but I think we can defiantly do this again .... with 3 different CTs. So I'll let you and Nini decide ... maybe email her and see what she wants to do?

We can always do this again in Dec or Feb? Nov and Jan would be template challenges.
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 9:36 pm

Awesome that Nini volunteered! I will give it a try next time. I'll start on my newsletter instead! :thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
ninigoesdigi
CT member
ninigoesdigi

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 11:33 am

I see that the second layout has been made so I will grab it and lift when I have a minute. I hope before the end of next week.
Back to top Go down
http://ninigoesdigi.wordpress.com/
ninigoesdigi
CT member
ninigoesdigi

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 11:53 am

Here is my take on this.

I was first of all inspired by the flow of the papers and photos, the tile/mosaic style of it. I followed that to place my photos and some bits of paper here and there. I liked the pop of flashy pink also because it was just perfect to go with my freshly taken pictures. From her page I also took the buttons on paper bits placement, the arrows (in the ribbon for her) and the stitches and arranged them on my page to my taste. Like her, I placed my title on a paper spot but not all. I mixed it up with a more calligraphic/handwritten font for the most important words because I like big titles and I love calligraphic fonts :giggle: she had a subtle brush overlay on her background and I used a few too as color accents but I can't resist splatters and paint or brush overlays and I couldn't stop at just 1! lol

All from Blue Skies + Arrows stamp from What I Like About You
Fonts for title Greatesque Brush Script + Corbel

Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) 2017-015
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 6:38 pm

Those photos are so dreamy Nini! Love your page ... & this was really fun. Thanks girls for your beautiful pages and your write-ups!!! :loveshower: I hope the challenge participants are excited to try it for their challenge entries in Oct.

Mirjam ... the post is all set for the blog. I'm working on writing up the Oct Challenge post now ... which you can review and see if you want to change anything ...

and then if it goes well and we want to do it again ... you can be first in line for a spot on the Round Robin. :smooch:
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Hey ladies - Rikki, Nini ... the Round Robin challenge is live ....
http://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/prd-oct-blog-challenge-round-robin-scraplift.50224/#post-925660

so you can go ahead and show off your pages in the gallery when you get a chance. If you would be so kind as to link up to the above forum post (that's where they will sign up in the TLP forum) when you post your page, to help spread the word about the Oct challenge - it would be greatly appreciated!

Here's my page if you want to see how I linked it, etc

http://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/the-sugar-factory.318075/

thanks ladies! i hope they like this challenge idea!
Back to top Go down
RikkiD

RikkiD

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 6:18 pm

Done!

I think we are already off to a good start....
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Awesome! I saw we already have 2 teams! :highfive:
Back to top Go down
ninigoesdigi
CT member
ninigoesdigi

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 2:16 am

Oops. I posted before you added your message. Will edit with the forum link now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)   Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oct 10 | Scrap lift Round Robin (Ready for blog)
Page 1 of 1