Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

planning ... getting organized ...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

planning ... getting organized ... Empty
PostSubject: planning ... getting organized ...   planning ... getting organized ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Note: I couldn't edit the Calendar sticky so I just made two new posts where we can keep track of what we are planning for the Blog for June & July. We'll try to stay 2 months ahead of schedule, so everyone will have plenty of time to get their posts ready.

Mirjam, are we going to open this area up to everyone, so I can ask for volunteers for blog post help and have one central place for their write ups? Or do you want to just add another category for Blog Posts ... like you already have for Challenges, so I can chat about what I need in the way of volunteers?

Coming up for June we need to get a volunteer to write up a Fave Font(we are starting with an easy one!), a volunteer for Pretty Pages, and a volunteer for the Pink Lady Spotlight (which we are bringing back to life). Along those lines, to get customers more excited we thought that doing a Customer Spotlight would be fun to try too. We already have quite a few "constants" for the Tuesday posts (hybrid, pretty pages ... so I thought alternating between Pink Lady Spotlight & Customer Spotlight would free up a Tuesday for other fun things. We need to come up with an idea for the June Challenge. For July's challenge, Mirjam will have a friend do a Template for us.

ideas, suggestions, concerns ...
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: planning ... getting organized ...   planning ... getting organized ... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:38 pm

June Challenge Ideas ... here's a few on the top of my head...

- Seasonal Challenge | June is summer for many of us (make a page about 3 things you want to do/plan to do this summer OR make a page about your 3 fave things about Summer). If summer is coming to end ... you can do a page about 3 things you already did for the summer that is ending/ended.

- Bold Lettering (along the lines of my Trend Spotting Hand Lettering post) do a page with some bold lettering using an alpha, word art, or any fun hand lettering style font. The hand lettering can be used as the title, subtitle or any other creative way you can come up with ... just as long as it is BOLD on your page. You do not have to use PRD alphas, wordart, or fonts but the page must be 75% PRD products.

- Photography Challenge | Make a page with a photo showing detail for the season you are currently in ... if it is Summer where you are, I want to see a photo with detail of something in your life that showcases Summer. If it is Winter, find something to photograph that shows us what Winter means to you. Get in close, use a creative angle to shoot your subject, or shoot something unexpected ... if you are at the beach give us a detail shot of seashells, if you are enjoying summer reading give us a close up of your book in an interesting way, if you just took your kids (or yourself!) to get ice cream zoom in on those sticky fingers wrapped around the ice cream cone, if you live in flip flops let's see a close up of your fav pair ... you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
CFile

CFile

PostSubject: Re: planning ... getting organized ...   planning ... getting organized ... I_icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:05 pm

sounds great Jenn! If you don't get any volunteers for the font choice I can do that one. 6/28-7/4 I will be away just an FYI!

fun thoughts!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: planning ... getting organized ...   planning ... getting organized ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

planning ... getting organized ...
Page 1 of 1