Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May 2020 Blog Calendar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

May 2020 Blog Calendar Empty
PostSubject: May 2020 Blog Calendar   May 2020 Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 8:35 pm

May 5 (due April 30)): Stacia TUT/blog post SCHEDULED
May 12 (due april 7): blog post -Karen SCHEDULED
May 19 (due april 11): Geraldine Hybrid SCHEDULED
May 26 (due april 21): font post by San??

Last edited by mirjam on Mon May 11, 2020 8:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
MlleTerraMoka
CT member
MlleTerraMoka

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 Blog Calendar   May 2020 Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 12:41 pm

This month I created two art journal pages.

Since the beginning of the quarantine, I have time to Art Journal creation.

I show you two examples of hybrid art journal created. I used white acrylic paint, stencils, inks, and printed elements and papers from Pink Reptile Designs

My Art journal booknote is an old Smashbook, that I never used.
The first step is to cover the page with white acrylic paint. The acrylic paint will create a plastic layer to waterproof the paper. I'll be able to play with the inks more easily because they won't be absorb  immediately by the paper on the page.

May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_110

I cut small pieces of papers from Forget me not|papers and Pure and simple|papers, and I glued them with white paint to create my background. The colour of the paper is blurred thanks to the paint that creates a layer :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_210

I used a stencil to create an embossed dot pattern with white paint :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_310

May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_410

I cut a leaves element (Room with view|elements) and I glued it on my page :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_510

I stamped a pattern with brown ink to complete my background :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_610

Then I created some stains, but I'm a cheater ^^ I used a stencil to create perfect stains :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_710

May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_810

I add some ink splatters.

I glued this beautiful red flower from Room with view|elements
May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_910

And I added the WA limitless (limitless|elements) to finish my art journal :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_1110

My hands are dirty and I'm very happy !
May 2020 Blog Calendar 1_1010

I created my second page with Flaws and All|elements

I printed some elements from this kit :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 2_110

I love this sketched girl elements. It will be the master element of my page.

I created my background with stencil and ink to created flowers:
May 2020 Blog Calendar 2_210

I added a stamp and I glued a butterfly. I glued it wth glued to keep the color. The butterfly is one element from Flaws and all|elements
May 2020 Blog Calendar 2_310

To complete my background, I added some colored stains. I created them with watercolor pencils :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 2_410

Then I glued the girl portrait :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 2_510
The paper absorb watercolor paint and now, the portrait and the background are homogenized.

I added flowers on the portrait to merge the element with the background :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 2_610

To finish my page, I added A yellow butterfly and the text element :
May 2020 Blog Calendar 2_710

My art journal is finished :
May 2020 Blog Calendar Flaws10

Last edited by MlleTerraMoka on Sun May 03, 2020 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mlleterramoka.canalblog.com
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 Blog Calendar   May 2020 Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 12:48 pm

What a great idea Géraldine! :biglove: :loveshower: :heartshape:
Back to top Go down
MlleTerraMoka
CT member
MlleTerraMoka

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 Blog Calendar   May 2020 Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 1:10 pm

Thank Mirjam
Back to top Go down
http://mlleterramoka.canalblog.com
Karen W

Karen W

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 Blog Calendar   May 2020 Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 4:35 am

That is so beautiful Geraldine! :heartshape:

I am currently writing up the blog post, will be done by tomorrow, a fairly simple one some ideas for documenting the personal/everyday side of the pandemic xx
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 Blog Calendar   May 2020 Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 9:17 am

:thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
Karen W

Karen W

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 Blog Calendar   May 2020 Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 5:34 am

Documenting These Historic Times

Hi Everyone,
Never have the words “Hope you are Well” have such meaning behind them. It is an unprecedented time and we have a craft that is fully able to memorialize these days. And your pages will be important documents for generations ahead I the same way we look with wonder and interest at the diaries and scrapbooks from the World Wars.

I have a slightly different take on the monthly blog post – it’s a checklist of ideas to scrap for this pandemic

• Weekly planner pages - day to day life documented
• Before/after photo shoots – I have done this with my local supermarkets toilet paper aisle – now that we are back on a more even keel here, it seems so weird that everyone was obsessing about toilet roll just a short period ago
May 2020 Blog Calendar Hoarding-copy

Christa has looked back at her old normal on her page

May 2020 Blog Calendar 20200510

• How your country/region is dealing with the Corona Virus out break
• Home schooling – this is such a big one! Both the good and bad bits – I am lucky that my one home schooler is in his last year and all I can add to his learning is food supply and occasion nagging.
• Working from home or having a partner or child working from home – does it work for you? Do you still have to front up to work, how different is it with social distancing?
• New habits formed – sleeping more/less, eating more home cooked meals, wearing masks and gloves when you leave home,  cleaning more (ha!)
• New hobbies taken up or old ones renewed -

Marilyn has brought our her machine to make some beautiful masks
May 2020 Blog Calendar Pink-Reptile-Designs-2020-05-May-SOSN-0513-Oh-Sew-Crafty-web

• Zoom meetings with friends and family, take the occasional screen shot, they are usually not high quality but that really doesn’t matter
• What you miss most – travel, parties, gym, eating out or even hugs from friends - do you still celebrate occasions - if so how?

Kate documented how she celebrated St Patrick's Day this year even in lock down - perfect!  
May 2020 Blog Calendar Paddy_11

• If you are unlucky enough to have symptoms, how and where did you get tested – my friend was tested and was in tears because they couldn’t get the swab in properly so it was quite a painful procedure but for others it was less intrusive…
• We are just starting to reopen businesses here in my area, back to school this week for 4 days a week – how are you coping with this change – looking forward or dreading it?
• Are you already in planning for your next holiday when it is all safe to travel again – if so where? Or just dream aloud of the places you would love to go if you could…

And lastly –

• Never forget to document your emotions over this tricky time – I have had days where I just want everyone out of my house (can’t I just self-isolate all by myself just for a day? Please?) and other days where I am oh so grateful to be living where I am – happily this outweighs my bad days by an enormous factor!  Art journaling is your friend for this type of record keeping!
May 2020 Blog Calendar So-fortunate-copy

These are just a few ideas to keep you thinking, look around the internet for variety – Most designers have monthly challenges, including here :wink: and of course over at The Lilypad, these are great to kickstart your documentation of this important era!

Sending virtual hugs to everyone - Stay safe and look forward to catching up again soon

xx
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 Blog Calendar   May 2020 Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 10:28 am

Absolutely FANTASTIC post Karen! :smooch: I LOVE IT! :heartshape: :burnheart: :biglove:
Back to top Go down
Karen W

Karen W

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 Blog Calendar   May 2020 Blog Calendar I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 2:42 pm

Thanks Mirjam, so pleased you like it xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 2020 Blog Calendar   May 2020 Blog Calendar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

May 2020 Blog Calendar
Page 1 of 1