Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED Empty
PostSubject: Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED   Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 12:36 am

Hey everyone! I'm here today to share a quick idea for using elements a little bit differently than the usual cluster. My inspiration comes from the cute copper heart cut-outs (there's a stamp version of the hearts too that you could try this look with) found in the new kit More Than You Know. I thought it would be pretty to use these layered as a border running along one of my page edges. I love how one element clustered together for the length of the page can create such a big impact ... and the best part is that it is so easy to do.

Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED Always10

Like I mentioned you can try this with other elements - such as the stamped hearts or the ampersand in the kit. Beautiful word art phrases would be pretty to try or maybe even a butterfly. You could vary the sizes and even add in a couple other butterflies from different kits for some added colors. A simple border of buttons lined up would be super cute too.

Here's an example by Neftali Zambrano, which I found on Pinterest, with paper tickets lined up (and color blocked) creating a gorgeous border:

Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED Ahr0ch10

Here's one more example of this idea that I found on Pinterest using a circular word art stamp to make a border by Tachita55:

Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED Sc_tn_10

So next time you are drawing a blank how to get that canvas going for a scrapbook page, consider starting with one element and filling it up on one edge to make a custom border and see where your page goes from there.

Last edited by jennmccabe on Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RikkiD

RikkiD

PostSubject: Re: Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED   Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 1:09 pm

God, those pages are gorgoues, yours and the other examples. I will definitely give that a try!
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED   Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks Rikki! They are cute pages right? Especially that ticket one! I love it! The TN with the circles is cute too and easy. :)
Back to top Go down
RikkiD

RikkiD

PostSubject: Re: Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED   Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Yes, the ticket one is so awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ferdy
CT member
Ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED   Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 1:24 am

I love this idea, I should give it a try someday, it really makes the page pop and catches the attention!
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED   Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 9:44 pm

Thanks Ferdy!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED   Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 10:21 pm

OMG what a great idea and awesome pages!!! This would also be a fun challenge for the MOC. I am saving these for scraplifting!!! :loveshower: :biglove:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED   Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dec 11th Blog Post | Elements as Borders by Jenn SCHEDULED
Page 1 of 1