Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED Empty
PostSubject: July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED   July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 2:46 am

Hey everyone! I'm popping in with a quick little font and title tip for today.

One thing I love to do to help with making quick custom titles is to simply layer two different colors of the same font. I usually pull the two different colors straight from the photo (or sometimes from the digital scrapbooking kit I am using). Then I shift one of the font layers down and over a few pixels to create a layered, almost 3D look. From there you can make the title into a sticker, add some styles, or leave it as is.

Some fonts have font families, or variations, of the same font. Like Hammock font has black and then rough. The rough version of the font is just scratched up and distressed a bit.

July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED Fonts_10

When you layer the rough font over the black base you can see a tiny bit of the black base font peek through. I usually shift the base over and down a bit so you can see the bottom font a bit better.

July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED Fonts_12

Another fun layering tip with font families is to find a font family that has a shadow font or an outline font included. Zing Rust has this fun shadow font and then a solid fill font (among a few other neat choices too) that will make layering different colors of the same font really fun. Here's an example of that font below:

July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED Fonts_11

And here is how it looks layered and with the bottom shadow layer shifted over and down a few pixels.

July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED Fonts_13

And here is a page I created using this two color font layering tip. I used the font Blue Planet and made the title into a little sticker with a white border around it. The colors were pulled directly from the photo.

July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED Carefr10

This is such a super quick and easy way to title your pages and get a chance to play with all those fun fonts you are hoarding!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED   July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2018 1:51 pm

Another GREAT tut Jenn! :loveshower: :heartshape: :burnheart:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
ninigoesdigi
CT member
ninigoesdigi

PostSubject: Re: July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED   July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 9:05 am

Where is the like button when you need it?!!!! :burnheart: :burnheart: :burnheart:
Back to top Go down
http://ninigoesdigi.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED   July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July 14th : Fun with Fonts | Layer and Stack SCHEDULED
Page 1 of 1