Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jk703

jk703

Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED Empty
PostSubject: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 5:11 am

Hi Everyone! I'm here to stretch your stash and teach you how to Transform your Tags! This is Jenn, jk703, and I'm super happy to share this simple technique to make items you already have work for you and your layouts.

Most kits come with tabs, tags, word art, and many little tid bits. What if you could transform them so that no matter what was on them, you could use them for your layout? Here is one way of doing this, since as you are well aware, Photoshop seems to have oodles of ways to complete the same task!

Here are the tags that I am going to transform - they are from The Sparkly Season, and It's Not Black and White. By the way... these two kits could make magical layouts together! :P

Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-XPvDxt4-M

First, select to use the Magic Wand tool from the Tools Palette. Also, press D so that the foreground color is black, and the background color is white.
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-cGZxsWk

You will then choose the tag that you are working with from the Layers Palette. Use the Magic Wand, and click on the white part of the tag. For this particular tag, I had to get up close to get all the black too. Once I had the whole shape, it had marching any like this:
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-XnmQLMJ

Next, you will click on the little Post It note look alike on the bottom of the Layers Palette. This will add a layer above the tag.
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-WDQhKnG

Here is my Layers Palette:
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-qgcRsrj

Next, choose the new layer and then hit Command + Delete. This will fill the layer with white, the background color.
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-GD7cM9p

Here is my Layers Palette:
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-hRPBvrV

Next, just bring in a pretty pattern that you want to clip to the white mask of the tag. I chose the krafty tree paper for this tag.
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-M3bgFRH

This one has a floral paper clipped o the inner part of the tag.
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-RzjZKKj

Here, I've used a checkered pattern to fill out the while section of this tag.
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-jKPzGRv

All of the pretty little tags together! Cute, and the simple steps totally change how the tags can be used.
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-ppsj7vK-M

Here is my layout, where I changed the wired tag to the floral paper, and the date tag with a faint dotted paper. This layout uses The Sparkly Season and It's Not All Black and White, plus a template from Scrapping with Liz's DYD 2016 Album.
Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I-JV8TGf8

Thanks for visiting! Hope you enjoyed the technique I shared. :)
Jenn

Last edited by jk703 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 3:36 pm

:thumbsup: :jippie: Love this!
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 5:09 pm

eeeck! those little tags are beyond adorable! love them with the little patterns Jenn. :burnheart:
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Thank you! I'll finish this up this afternoon. Getting my layout together!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 11:13 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Tip #1 [USED IN DEC BYOC NL]

Get rid of your tired eyes! You can lighten the whites of eyes simply by brushing over them with the Dodge Tool. Use the Dodge Tool, with a soft white brush, choosing Highlights, and 20% flow.

Tip #2 [USED IN V FOR VENEER & JINGLE BELLES NL]

Use Snapshots! Snapshots allows you to make a copy of your progress so you can simply go back to this stage of your project if you wanted to later on while scrapping. Choose to open the History palette and click on the second button at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
miekster

miekster

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 am

What a great tutorial Jenn :heartshape:
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 3:30 pm

and your page is absolutely gorgeous too Jenn ... i love the photo & the way you did the title with the cute circle and the 3. beautiful layers and so scrap liftable!
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Awww, thanks you guys! :heartshape:
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 9:05 pm

Wowee Jenn! I love your sample page! So perfect and pretty! :loveshower:
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 9:28 pm

Thanks, Mirjam! :wub:

I decided to use it for my journaling challenge this month. Someone couldn't host, so I'm filling in. Double Exposure. :)
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 10:00 pm

Oh that is awesome Jenn! Thanks!!!! :kiss:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED   Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tag Transformation Tutorial - POSTED
Page 1 of 1