Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

February Tutorial SCHEDULED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jk703

jk703

February Tutorial SCHEDULED Empty
PostSubject: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 5:46 am

Note... I do use SmugMug... I have a unlimited paid account, and don't ever delete any images.

Links:
heART Elements: http://the-lilypad.com/store/heART-Elements.html
heART Papers: http://the-lilypad.com/store/heART-Papers.html
Mixed Emotions:   http://the-lilypad.com/store/Mixed-Emotions.html
Recyclables 34: http://the-lilypad.com/store/Recyclables-34-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates.html

Hello Everyone! Hope you are doing great out there in digi-land! This is Jenn, aka jk703, here today! I've got a super, fun, easy and "creative" tutorial to show you today. Mirjam has so many great kits, and many include word art that you can use on your pages. They are usually very versatile, so easy to clip a paper to, and they layout titles a snap! But, what do you do when the paper you clipped doesn't look how you want it to? I've got an idea for you to try!

For my layout, I've used Mirjam's heART Elements, heART Papers and Mixed Emotions! This kit might be about art, but it's super adaptable for other instances! I've also used Scrapping with Liz's Recyclables 34.

Here is the layout that I am working on. I'm about to add the images that I've edited, my journaling, and some last minute tweaks.
February Tutorial SCHEDULED I-tgwf2g6-L

As you can see, I've added the "Create" word art, and it's a lovely black on my blue painty paper. I'm going to try to make this blue, but a darker shade.
February Tutorial SCHEDULED I-bMvDKTH-S

My first step is to pull the blue paper in above the word art, right click and then I choose to clip it to the word art. That looks like this in the Layers Palette:
February Tutorial SCHEDULED I-NwRPp8J

It's too light. I can see it, but it matches too well to really stand out much! What do you think?
February Tutorial SCHEDULED I-fpSRw9X

Now, I've decided to try out the different blend modes. With your word art actually selected in the Layers Palette, and your Move Tool also the tool in use, you will then press the Shift and the + sign key, which give you the ability to "scroll" through the Blend Modes. If you like one, and accidentally go past it, just hit the - key, and it will "scroll" back one. If you cannot use the Shift key, then you can click on the Blend Modes and pick them with your mouse cursor, from the drop down menu.

I've selected the Multiply Blend Mode at 100% opacity. It looks still a little light for a title on the page. If you use a mode, and you think it is too dark, or too much, you can easily use the slider under Opacity to a lower number.  
February Tutorial SCHEDULED I-bJ5MfKz

Here is what my word art looks like now:
February Tutorial SCHEDULED I-SLGQwgQ

RELATED TIP:
Just in case you wondered about Fill versus Opacity, like I did. Fill and Opacity options allow you to "see" the layer below, and determine how much of it you can see. The main difference between them occurs when there are styles on the layer. Opacity will change and affect all of the layer including layer styles, while the Fill option only affects the layer content, but not layer styles.

None of the other blend modes really work for what I want my title to look like, they aren't showing the right color, or they aren't dark enough! What's a scrapper to do? Well...... lets see what happens if we simply duplicate the layers together. Like this:
February Tutorial SCHEDULED I-v8pgwJ6

A simple duplication of layers created a title that was dark enough, true to the paper color and pops enough to be a title word (in my mind, lol!).
February Tutorial SCHEDULED I-WT3CKzT

After adding the photos, tweaking some shadows, and adding the journaling. Here is my final layout! A quick and easy way to try out word art as titles, and still work with the colors of the kit!
February Tutorial SCHEDULED I-XpLqWLr-L

Thanks for stopping by and we hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
Jenn | jk703

Last edited by jk703 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:24 am

:loveshower: :burnheart: :biglove: LOOKS GREAT!
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 4:42 pm

awesome Jenn ... and you are quick!~ :thumbsup: :loveshower:
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 4:44 pm

oh and Jenn ... so are you cool with taking that first Tuesday slot each month? does that work for you?
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 7:17 pm

You can schedule it as needed, Jenn! It can be changed to what you need each month. I will try to have ready by the middle of the month for the following month. :thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:23 pm

:highfive: AWESOME!!! :thankyou: :froggy:
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:32 pm

This still needs editing, and some tweaks. When done - soon - I will post another post that the post is ready? I will do that going forward. Is that ok, Jenn?

Ha Ha... I'm so used to the tagging and liking in the new TLP forums, that I'm starting to look for those features all over! :drinkspit:
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:04 pm

jk703 wrote:

Ha Ha... I'm so used to the tagging and liking in the new TLP forums, that I'm starting to look for those features all over! :drinkspit:

ME TOO! LOL

btw I know you still want to teak the post but with my AWESOME replu I meant that I think it's awesome that our schedules fit!
And of course I am happy with what you have already so I guess it can only become even better! :grin:
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:13 pm

that's perfect jenn! mirjam will be the one grabbing it for her blog.

- this may be helpful to you: i usually name my post title like this as an example:
Feb | Three Way : blahblah blah (IN PROGRESS) that way mirjam knows i'm still tweaking it. then when it's goo d to go i update the title like this: Feb | Three Way : blahblah blah (READY FOR BLOG) - then Mir knows when she can grab it. but it is totally up to you!!!

oh and BTW: i am 100% looking for that LIKE button here too. so funny how we get used to things so quickly! haha!
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:49 am

mirjam wrote:

btw I know you still want to teak the post but with my AWESOME replu I meant that I think it's awesome that our schedules fit!
And of course I am happy with what you have already so I guess it can only become even better! :grin:

Just so I understand... What is "replu"?

I will be done this evening. I just noticed some things should be clearer when going through the Blend Modes.

That's a perfect idea, Jenn! (Duh for me!)
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 1:04 am

uhm....replu means that I should pay better attention to what I am typing! :rofl: :rofl:
Replu is a typo...I meant to type reply
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 1:47 am

mirjam wrote:
uhm....replu means that I should pay better attention to what I am typing! :rofl: :rofl:
Replu is a typo...I meant to type reply

Hahaha!!!!

:drinkspit: :ll1:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: February Tutorial SCHEDULED   February Tutorial SCHEDULED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

February Tutorial SCHEDULED
Page 1 of 1