Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oct Blog Posts | Calendar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Empty
PostSubject: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 2:17 am

Oct 6th | Pink Lady Spotlight Shivani SCHEDULED
Oct 13th | Tut post | Jenn  (3 Way | Deconstruction Junction - SCHEDULED
Oct 16th | Special Designiversary Post ( team can volunteer to make a JC - JCs due Oct 9th)
Oct 15th | Challenge | Jenn (UP in Challenge Forum - just need pages)
Oct 20th | Hybrid SCHEDULED
Oct 27th | Pretty Pages/GSO Diane due by Friday Oct 23rd SCHEDULED

Last edited by jennmccabe on Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
ShivaniSohal

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:58 pm

Not sure there is much to spotlight on moi but happy to do the Oct 6th if no other takers :)
Back to top Go down
dvhoward

dvhoward

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 9:38 pm

I just need a little info on what this entails, but I'll be glad to do the GSO/spotlight blog post, Oct. 27 (due by the 23rd).

Duh, I guess I can go look at some past ones and figure it out. So I'm on it, now.
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 3:31 am

Awesome! Thanks SO MUCH Diane!
Yes, you can look at the PRD blog and chose just the Pretty Pages category and see all the past blog posts for this. And this thread sums up what we are trying to do:

https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com/t884-pretty-pages-guidelines-for-those-writing-a-post

*I just need the links for 3 pages you pick, don't need you to download them. I can take care of that. :)
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 7:45 pm

FYI : update to the calendar for Oct 16th!

october is Mir's Designiversary month. Much more scaled back celebration this year. We are just looking for some JCs this year. You can read more about it here in this chatter thread : https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com/t944-october-is-mirjam-s-designiversary-month-jc-help-needed-due-oct-9th (and sign up there as well! thanks!!!)
Back to top Go down
MlleTerraMoka
CT member
MlleTerraMoka

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 10:35 pm

This month I played with inks !

I'm going to show you how do an hybrid layout with few stuff : inks, stamps, masks and printed digital elements
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page1_11

On a white cardstock I put several layers of colors, here yellow. Only one color but differents tones (plus or less water with my ink)
I began with pale yellow and I add more pigment on each layout to obtain several tones of yellow
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page1_10

With the yellow inkpot I stamped butterfly
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page1_12

I added two others colors by small touches : orange and pink
I used masks to add colored pattern on my layout
Here stains pattern (I know I'm cheating ;)) :
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page1_13

This is my layout with by finished background
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page1_14

I added my pictures and some printed embellishments :
White wire, autoadhesive glossy spots, leaves cut in pink paper from Mark the date, tag and flowers from mark the date

Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page1_15

Another layout more shabby but the way is similar
A white cardstock and several layers of inks, masks and stamps
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page2_10

I added several touches of pink :
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page2_11

And with a masks : dots pattern
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page2_12

I added my pictures and two branchs wit leaves :
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page2_14

I cut several flowers from forget me not (cherry tree flowers) and I'm not perfect (roses and leaves)
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page2_15

To finish I added a camera die cut and one word as title : Days (from Mark the date)
Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page2_16

Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Page2_17
Back to top Go down
http://mlleterramoka.canalblog.com
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 11:01 pm

:burnheart: :burnheart: :burnheart: Really cool Géraldine! I am sure people will love this!
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
dvhoward

dvhoward

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 8:01 am

Hi All!  Diane here, welcoming you to the October edition of Pretty Pages where, every month, we showcase some of the amazing talent that appears in the Pink Reptile Designs gallery.  

I personally love scrolling through the gallery to get inspiration for making my own pages or projects.  I also use the gallery as a kind of "window shopping" for kits to purchase.  I've been known I get so excited by a layout that I will pick up the same kit(s) just to do a scraplift of that very layout!

There was a lot to choose from this month, too.  First up is a layout by Mrivas titled "Love".  She used a wonderful variety of patterns, colors and elements in her page.  The alpha is perfectly placed.  Even with so much going on, she still had a good deal of journaling which captured a fun, family outing.  

Mrivas - LOVE
http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=219755&title=love&cat=566

Jenn33199 used journaling cards in a unique way in her layout titled, "Forever".  I have a hard time using journal cards so I liked how she treated these two like photos.  The clusters by each really offer a lovely support to their messages.  I loved that her focal photo was not the typical smile but an expression of great emotion!

Jenn33199 - FOREVER
http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=221911&title=forever&cat=844

Kaphelps composed a fantastic masculine layout for her son.  Sometimes "boy" pages are hard to make because so many elements are a bit feminine (flowers, lace, etc), but Kerrianne kept the more feminine ellies small and used a neutral palette including b/w photos.  I really like how she used a few well-placed, bold colors to keep the layout from appearing bland (which would hardly happen with that delightful expression on the bottom photo!!).

Kaphelps - PERFECT TO ME
http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=222115&title=perfect-to-me&cat=84La

Last up is a layout by doti40 titled "Love".  I personally LOVE bold, large scale patterned papers but they can be challenging to use so they don't take over the whole page.  In this layout, she used the large scale, floral paper in a way that supports the simplicity of the design.  The torn frame allowed for tight, close-up of that adorable face.

doti40 - LOVE
http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=220462&title=love&cat=549

Keep scrapping everyone!  I'm looking forward to seeing more fabulous pages in the PRD gallery and, who knows, maybe one of your pages will be in Pretty Pages next time!!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 10:51 am

awesome, awesome, awesome Diane! I love your picks!
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Thank you!!!
Back to top Go down
dvhoward

dvhoward

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Oh, good. The 4th one looks like a fairly new scrapper to TLP but when I checked her gallery EVERY layout she has posted used only PRD products. I thought this might be a great encouragement to her.
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 8:07 pm

I am not sure how new she is to TLP but I have known Doti for a long time and she is a sweetheart a wonderful clean scrapper! I am happy you picked her page. I totally missed it and its a great one!
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Mir- it says scheduled already for Diane's awesome Pretty Pages post (this girl didn't even need a reminder from me! :loveshower: :thumbsup: )... did you need me to pull the pages and create a post or are you good to go?

and FYI waiting for Lorry for Nov Customer Spotlight. Sent one email Sept 11th with the info (after she said YES!) and then a reminder 8 days ago ... nothing ... crickets chirping! So I just sent her a PM at TLP bc the post is due today ... will keep you updated ... but maybe we will have to grab someone last minute?

and geraldine - that hybrid page is GORGEOUS! oh my word the paint!!!!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 9:13 pm

The pretty pages post is all done and scheduled Jenn! I grabbed the pages via the links.

Yikes for Lorry not getting back to you. I'll keep my fingers croosed that she will contact you this weekend. It might be difficult to grab someone last minute....
If you can think of someone that would be great but if we can't get the interview back in time I can make a little 'how it was made post'.
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 11:47 pm

she was quiet and had me worried but she pulled through! post is ready!

(and just curious ... what "how it was made" post were you thinking of?) i would love to see another of those ... but how in the world do you have time right now woman!?!?!? don't you have a ton of products to make?
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 9:32 am

I am happy she pulled through! And yes I really don't have a lot of time left. As I wrote it down it already got me worried to be honest! LOL

What I had in mind was the scan I made of the lady with the balloon for the journal card below. I was in the car with Gurt when I got the idea and made a little sketch that I later used to actually make the card. I thought it might be fun to show how it started with a doodle in my notebook. Maybe we can keep it in mind for next year when things get back to"normal"! Or should I say less crazy! :teehee:

Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   Prd_dr10
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 2:27 pm

oh yes Mir! that is a wonderful idea ... she is so sweet, love her & I think your customers would love to get a peek inside the designer's studio again! you let me know when the time is right and we can plan that for next year. fyi ... san is working on the Dec "Combining Fonts" for her last Fave Font post of the year. And has graciously agreed to make the page example too ... which we will turn into a template freebie for the Dec Challenge as planned. Just letting you know all is going smoothly with that!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Great! Let's do the 'how it was made' post somewhere in January or February!

And awesome that San is taking care of the font post and challenge page! I can't wait to see what she will come up with!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oct Blog Posts | Calendar    Oct Blog Posts | Calendar   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oct Blog Posts | Calendar
Page 1 of 1