Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th Empty
PostSubject: POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th   POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 7:37 pm

Name: Sandra van Heems (a.k.a. SanVHM)
Favourite colour: When I was little it was definitely pink, but now I don’t have a favourite color. I love white and all kinds of grey. My whole house is in those colors except the rooms for my two girls. The youngest has got a white-pale-pink room and my oldest sea-blue-white. Even my wardrobe is mostly grey-blue-black and some browns. Therefore I love to make colorful scrap pages.
Favourite food: I just love tapas! All those little appetizers to choose from and try something different to eat with every bite you take. I also love the Italian kitchen or our dutch winter potato stew with sour kraut and smoked sausage.

Described in one word: Hard to describe me in one word but Perfectionist is comes close I think.

1. How and when did you start digital scrapbooking? I always loved to take pictures and scrap with paper when I was younger. During my studies, in 2005, I took a course in Adobe Photoshop and since then I have loved to create on the computer. I was looking for some pictures to use for an invitation and stumbled upon some scrapbooking sites and just loved the papers and elements. First I was searching for freebies, but then I bought my first kit in 2007. I used it for some pages, but I mainly used it for my blog, because I was pregnant with my oldest, and printed out all those stories and scrapped pictures. I just love looking through my first attempt at scrapping, it was done with a lot of love and still is for that matter!

2. How and when did you end up in a CT/ CT’s? I lost my part-time job in February 2012 because of a re-organisation. My youngest wasn’t going to school yet, so my hsuband and I decided that I should stay at home for the girls and perhaps start a business for myself in the future. Being a stay at home mom gave me 2 days extra so I started scrapping more and I was asked to join mt first CT-team in april. My scrapfriend Natascha was alreadr Ct-ing so I asked her for advice because I didn’t think I was good enough and told me to “just give it a try". I did and from there on I scrapped and scrapped and filled my gallery, reacting on CT-calls and I have been very fortunate because I got in some pretty awesome teams.

3. How long have you been on my CT? I had to look at the forum when it was exactly, June 2012. You asked me after Natascha pointed out my gallery to you. I was flabbergasted that you wanted me to join the Pink Ladies! I just love your designs. Of course I said "yes", without any hesitation and am thrilled that I am still making pages for you.

4. What software do you use? What type of camera? I work with Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4 and sometimes Illustrator. I have a Canon EOS450, a Canon ixus, my iPad and my Sony Xperia Z1 mobile foon. I had an iPhone but my wifi didn’t work anymore after the IOS update so I had to buy another one [the Z1]. According to the reviews this one had the best camera and I think indeed it has. I love to use all kind of photo apps with filters for my pictures plus I can still use my iPhone for taking pictures.

5. How would you describe your style? I find this one difficult to answer because I think I don’t have a specific style. I like the traditional scrapbook layouts, but I also love to do the  “clean & simple” and artsy style. I also like to blend papers to make them more special or suitable for my photos. I think it’s my mood that dictates how I scrap on a particular day, so perhaps you can say "whatever my mood is style"!

POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th Favorite_Summersong
http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/data/844/Favorite_Summersong.jpg

POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th London1

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/data/844/London1.jpg

6. What is your favourite scrapbooking item, something you turn too again and again? That would be paint splatters, brushes and scatters. I love the many ways you can use them, how easy you can change their colours, how they can add a sense of depth to your page and how they give a page that little extra oomph.

POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th The_Young_Me

http://the-lilypad.com/gallery/data/516/The_Young_Me.jpg

7. What is your favourite Pink Reptile product and why?That's also a tough question because I think all your designs are awesome. In every kit there is always a little something that I love. But if I HAVE to make a choice then I'd say  your “I’m not perfect” collection. I love the colors, all the different paper patterns [retro and florish] and the elements are just perfect to use for all kind of scrapbook styles. Your drawings are so great and unique!

POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th Prd_IamNotPerfect_pp_preview
http://the-lilypad.com/store/I-am-Not-Perfect-Papers.html
POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th Prd_IamNotPerfect_ep_preview
http://the-lilypad.com/store/I-am-Not-Perfect-Elements.html

8. Just for fun… tell us all about a quirky habit of yours! Habits, habits….I think everyone has got quirky habits…..mine….let me think [because I do not think they are quirky habits ;-) ] I have a daily routine in the morning and if that doesn’t go my way I get grumpy. I always have to clean up the house before I can sit down to relax. I have everything organized in boxes, maps and baskets, even my computer has got all kind of specific very neatly organized folders. I never wear a watch and I make lists of literally everything.

9. Name 5 things that you can touch RIGHT NOW from where you are sitting, no cheating! My breakfast [greek yoghurt with granola and honey], my phone, a magazine, my mason jar with all kind of washi tapes and my to-do-list for today.

10. Silliest thing you have ever done… I’m a very brave girl and always overthink everything I do a million times before I do it so I had to think very hard what the silliest thing I have ever done was and if there even was one. I think perhaps it was cutting my hair really short [and I will never do that again].

11. Can you give us a tip on digital scrapbooking? Step out of your comfort zone once in a while. Try different techniques. Look at some [you-tube] tutorials, take part in a challenge and just try different things from what you normally do. When you finish a page try cahnging the background paper and see what the effect is. Look through galleries and scraplift a page. Play with elements, recolour them and use them large and small, blend papers together or cut out things you like from a paper and use them as an element. Just let your creativity take flight.
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th Empty
PostSubject: Re: POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th   POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Awesome!!! Love the choice of layouts and prd products!!! :burnheart: :burnheart: :highfive:
thanks San and Jen! :smooch:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com

POSTED | Pink Lady Spotlight San | oct 7th
Page 1 of 1