Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RikkiD

RikkiD

Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.  Empty
PostSubject: Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.    Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Hi everybody,

in order to explain a little our blog schedule and post types, I have written up a short recap.

Schedule:
1st Tuesday of the month: Tutorial
2nd Tuesday of the month: Inspo
15th of the month: Challenge (alternating between template and sth else)
3rd Tuesday of the month: Hybrid
4th Tuesday of the month: Pretty Pages
Fonts: irregular

I will probably write up the monthly schedules for 2022 in November.

As for where to post the posts in the forum and how, please see this thread: Blog contributors please read.
Challenges go into the New Challenges forum, everything else into the new blog posts forum

Due dates:
All posts except the challenge posts are due 5 days before the publishing date
Challenge posts (rough draft at least) are due 16 days before the 15th. The layouts and the final post are due 5 days before the publishing date

Post types:

Tutorial:
Can be anything, a scrapping technique, an editing technique, certain scrapping style, how to use a certain PRD product (in a different way or - if it is something unusual - how to use it at all), whatever you want to show people how to do it. It could also be a tut how to do sth in a software different than PS
Ideas from previous tutorial posts: pink reptile designs: tutorials

Inspo:
Make a page and show what inspired you. Can be a scraplift, a paper layout you saw, an ad, a certain color combo, whatever it is that made you come up with the page idea/design etc.
Show the inspiration piece (with credits) and your page
You can ask the readers to join you and try it themselves, but it is no challenge and there is nothing to win (just experience)
Ideas from previous inspo posts: pink reptile designs: inspiration

Challenge:
Template challenge and regular challenge are alternating. The template often comes from Gaelle, but if you want to create your own, that's fine, too!!!
Regular challenges: you come up with an idea what you want to challenge people with. Scrap certain photos, in a certain style, certain products... It can be a recipe challenge (i.e. you tell them what stuff to use more or less strict). A round robin, a RAK (I am planning to do that again next year) - whatever you can think of)
Ideas from previous challenges: pink reptile designs: old challenges

The challenge creator also posts the challenge in the TLP designer challenges forum. Mirjam sends out the post image and you post it along with the post text (again, take a previous post as template and just change dates, names etc. and personalize it more if you like)

If you all post layouts in the challenge post in the TLP forum it is a good idea to spread them out and not to post them all on the opening day. That way the post will be bumped later on in the month and will be seen more.

Start and finish of the post texts are always more or less the same. Just copy those parts from an older post and re-use them (feel free to personalize them if you like).

Hybrid:
Is Geraldine's specialty. We don't have to worry about it

Pretty Pages:
See the Pretty Pages guidelines from Jenn: Pretty Pages guidelines for those writing a post  Says it all.

Fonts:
Sandra is taking care of them

Nobody will have to do more than one post a month - unless we have a super emergency (but even then we force nobody) - and with the number of people we now have on the team, people should have break months as well.

Also, of course, feel free to make layouts for SOSN, new products, challenges - this is not a must, but the more pages we have to show, the better.

Another thing you can do is to comment in the PRD gallery if you are browsing through it anyway.  Even a little "like" helps.

OK, that's all I can think of. If sth else pops into my head I will add it here. Anybody else wants to add something, please do so. And if you have any questions, please ask!

Last edited by RikkiD on Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

mirjam, *sylvia*, Mywisecrafts and cherylndesigns like this post

Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.    Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2021 8:25 pm

This is great Rikki!!! :highfive: :smooch: :thankyou: :yourock:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
cherylndesigns

cherylndesigns

PostSubject: Re: Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.    Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 1:39 am

Looks good, Rikki.
Back to top Go down
Mywisecrafts

Mywisecrafts

PostSubject: Re: Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.    Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2021 3:39 am

Thanks for this!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.    Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blog team - general info about post schedule, post types etc.
Page 1 of 1