Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RikkiD

RikkiD

Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED Empty
PostSubject: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi everybody, Rikki here and today I want to show you an easy way to use a pretty clean template and add a little mixed media charm. Not much, mind you, just a bit to make it look slightly messy.

Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED 180905_books_magic-copy

I started with the template that was provided for free for the September/October template challenge and stripped it of all embellishments, so that only the paper layers were left. Then I removed all the drop shadows and never put any on them again.
After adding the papers and my photo to all the given layers (there were only five left incl. the background) I started to look for some mixed media products to use.  I used mainly the Bon Voyage papers and elements for this page (unless mentioned otherwise).
On top of the photo went a stamp, an arrow and a word sticker. Then I added some watercolour under the photo and duplicated and repositioned it. Under the watercolour I added (again duplicated and repositioned) a stamp of a map as well as a dotted stamp (from Stamp it No. 2).
On top of the watercolour layers I used a gesso chevron (again, twice) and a strip of gesso (both from Gesso it vol. 2). Something seemed to be missing on the right, so there went a slide frame - partially hidden - and a small flower. In the top left corner I placed a small fabric label and - to ground the photo - I put some corner stitching into its bottom right (from Stunning Stitches no. 4).
I then arranged and placed the quote - and was done.

Links to products:
Bony Voyage papers & elements
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Bon-Voyage-Papers.html
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Bon-Voyage-Elements.html
Stamp it No. 2
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Stamp-It-no.2.html
Gesso it Vol. 2
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Gesso-It-Vol.2.html
Stunning stitches No. 4
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Stunning-Stitches-no.4.html

You can see the seprate steps in the gif below.

Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED 180905_books_magic_small_gif

So you see, even though Mirjam's style is very clean there is always plenty of stuff in her kits to give you page a little mixed media vibe.

Last edited by RikkiD on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 7:24 pm

beautiful Rikki - do you want me to pop you in for an October slot for this blog post?
Back to top Go down
RikkiD

RikkiD

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 9:56 pm

Jenn, yes, absolutely. Any date is fine.
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Oct 9th - 2nd tuesday. I'll work on the challenge for that month. Thanks !!! :heartshape:
Back to top Go down
RikkiD

RikkiD

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 8:16 pm

Mir, I am finished.

I wasn't sure how you need to have the product links so I made a list of all the products with the links underneath, so you can add them in the way you need them in the blog software.
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2018 9:17 pm

such a cool page Rikki! Thank you for this!
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2018 6:47 pm

MOVING THIS UP to OCT 2nd!!!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2018 9:37 pm

LOVE this Rikki! Thank you so much! Sorry I forgot to leave a comment. I was SO busy working on my new stuff! I did see the post but simply forgot to say something!

The links are brilliant like this! :thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
RikkiD

RikkiD

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2018 9:53 pm

No problem, Mirja. Good to know that the links work like this, so I know how to do them in the future.

No worries, I understand busy.....
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 8:02 pm

Oh my gosh busy almost seems like and understatement! :mocqeur:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 9:02 pm

i absolutely love how you made the steps into a GIF rikki - you rock! :burnheart:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED   Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Template w/ mixed media (ready) SCHEDULED
Page 1 of 1