Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jk703

jk703

December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 Empty
PostSubject: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 4:53 am

Working on this...

All Blue Skies papers

Wide Angle Filter and Paper Sample
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-KBLdJbp-S

December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-7fxkfsM-L

Liquify Fiilter, Same Paper
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-3NvHpjm-L

Polar Coordinates and Paper Sample
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-HH9R3w4-S

December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-Tqk5HLV-L

Pixelated Filter and paper Sample
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-CkRXtqw-S

December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-5M2Fk87-L

Mosaic and Paper Sample
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-r5NCD5p-S

December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-4ckxHk5-L

Stained Glass and Paper Sample
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-nF22Bm9-S

December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-fHBxvvS-L

Last edited by jk703 on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 10:26 am

This is AWESOMe Jenn!!!! :loveshower: :thumbsup: :heartshape:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks Mirjam! Depending on how detailed I get with each example, I might break this up into two posts. I'm glad you like it... I wasn't sure since it's playing off of your papers, but changing them (like the Stained glass one is unrecognizable!)
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 5:41 pm

I was even thinking to break it up per 2 techniques or maybe even per one! I am thinking that people might feel overwhelmed an pick one thing to try out and forget to come back for the others. If we cut it up I think there's a bigger chance they will try out more.
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 pm

ok. Sounds good. I'll start with two, and see how long/overwhelming it is. :) I'll be adding more pictures and details for each.
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 8:22 pm

:thumbsup: They are all so cool and I really think lots of people will give them a try. I don't know if you saw the replies on Facebook on your post with the wrinkled background paper but I was very happily suprised by all the comments. People LOVED it. That's why I thought I'd tell you that in my opinion you have material in here for much more than one post! :thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 pm

LOL! I didn't know. I will totally make them multiple posts - with lots of detail. :) Fun with Filter Series! :mocqeur:
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 8:15 pm

That's a GREAT idea Jenn!!! :burnheart: :highfive:
Back to top Go down
miekster

miekster

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 4:38 pm

What a great idea :loveshower:
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 6:04 pm

Awesome ... jenn! Doing a series is great ... then you have tuts for a long time and don't have to think up fresh ideas each month!
BTW ... how's Benson doing? Is is still super laid back or did he get a little pep in his step?
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Ok... I have the wide Angle Lens filter with Fisheye and Perspective. I'll post the images and wording tonight so it'll be ready to go. Then I'll get started on the next one, Liquify. I'll jump around kits and papers to show off different ones.

Benson is still super laid back, it's so funny! He's healthy and happy... but a sludge in the movement department! He loves to sleep, play a bit, sleep more, and eat, lol! He sleeps in a kennel at the bottom of our bed, and is sleeping until 5:30 in the morning, which is great! At that point, he climbs in the bed with us after he goes out. Later, I have to push him off the bed to make it... then he promptly hops back on! LOL! :ll1: It really cracks me up. He has his bursts of energy, and lovely puppy teeth that are like legos if you happen to step on one! :eyeroll: He's cute and I'm his favorite! That makes it all even better! :teehee:

Last edited by jk703 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:25 pm

I love hearing stuff about Benson. He sure sounds like a GREAT dog!
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 5:36 am

Thanks, Mirjam! He's so cute, I can't resist. lol!

Fun with Filters, Wide Angle Filter

Hello Everyone! This is Jenn aka jk703, here to start a new series with you on the PRD blog! This is a different way to use Filters that we have available to us. Filters are simply ways to add effects to your image. Each one is particular, and usually allows you some freedom on how little or much you use the filter. You can try them out on photos, different patterns, and see what you get! We are going to show it off slowly. This way you can learn a little more, at a slower pace, and actually give the filters a try.

For my example images, I used Mirjam's Blue Skies papers.

For today's Filters, I'm using the blue and white striped paper. We are going to focus on the wide angle filter. Most of the time, this filter is used to correct photos. We are going to use it the opposite way, and see what it can do creatively to papers. Here is a sample paper, in it's original pattern:
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-KBLdJbp-S

I have a new project open, and I brought in the #4 paper. Once it was open, I double clicked on the layer in the Layers Pallette. This will allow the Background to have changes made, and will renames itself Layer 0.
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-f6HBXcJ-S

First, under Filter, you will choose Adaptive Wide Angle:
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-Z7gWFzd-L

Then you will get a pop up screen that really brings you to the Filter Gallery. When it does pop up, in the right top there is a drop down. You will choose the Fisheye correction. Fisheye
basically corrects extreme curvature caused by a fisheye lens on a camera.
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-4dTnqJj-S

The next area are the Scale, Focal Length and Crop Factor.

Scale is a value that you can choose with the slider. It is used minimize any blank areas that might appear after applying the filter. So, for mine, I bring the scale up to approximately 115%, which allows the paper to create the effect, but then I don't lose any of the papers pattern when the filter causes the curves.

Focal Length is a value that may be automatically filled in if the lens information is detected in the photograph. If not, you can just use the slider, and you will adjust as you see the image on the left change.

Crop Factor will come into play when the final image is cropped. You will use this value together with the scale value to compensate for any blank areas that are created while applying the filter.

Here are the figures that I ended up with:
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-Vv2BPhW-S

After pressing ok, this is what my paper looked like. I think it looks pretty cool!
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-RzMhCrm-L

Now, starting with a fresh paper, you can also do the Perspective correction from the drop down. Here are my numbers and the paper outcome. Opposite of the Fisheye!
December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-c7QnqrZ-S

December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I-PWpJKKz-L

Pretty interesting to see what happens to papers when using the filters! Filter Fun!
Thanks for visiting,
Jenn Marione | jk703
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 9:55 am

brilliant Jenn and I love that you are making a series of this. Love the name Fun With Filters Too!!! YOU ROCK! :loveshower: :highfive:
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Thanks, Mirjam! I'm glad you like it! :heartshape: Hoping it does well on the blog. Do the tutorials get any traction or views?
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 2:06 am

sorry ladies ... those darn Finals kept me away this week. Jenn - he sounds like a little doll. Your boys must be over the moon happy to have him! The tut came out great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22   December Technique - SCHEDULED for  DECEMBER 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

December Technique - SCHEDULED for DECEMBER 22
Page 1 of 1