Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
miekster

miekster

Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Empty
PostSubject: Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED   Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 pm

I promised a long time ago to make a tutorial about making personalized tea lights and I finally took some time to make them & take pictures.

Please let me know if you like it and if you have some questions or additions

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all!

This is Annemieke for this month's Hybrid on the Pink Reptile Designs blog
Last year I visited a blog of a very talented and inspiring Dutch girl, who wrote a blog about making your own personalized tea lights. I fell in love immediately and have made them as a gift to friends. Since her blog is offline, I decided to make my own tutorial to tell you how to make them.
Maybe you can make your own and wrap them up as a Christmas gift...

I have one very important note; I have never had problems burning the tea lights, but since the bottom is of paper it's only safe to burn them when you are next to them, please, never leave them unattended to prevent burn damage

To start making your own tea lights download the template https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3quk7vsna6zl7i/DIY_TeaLight.png?dl=0
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Diy_te11

I used some Pink Reptile elements to fill the circles of the template, you can also add some text, like I did
I added some Christmas text to the template as a gift for you

Now, let's get started!
What you need:
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Img_5515

- template
- scissor
- tea lights
- toothpick

Fill up your template with elements or text of your own choice and print it out, ofcourse, I used some my favorite Pink Reptile Designs elements
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Diy_te12

If you are ready filling the template, print it out on A4 format, this way the circles will fill the tea light perfectly
Cut them out
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Img_5516

Now, prepare the tea lights. It's important to buy tea lights like shown on the picture below, you have to be able to pick out the metal circle with the candlewick
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Img_5517 Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Img_5518

Take your paper cuts and make a hole in the middle with the toothpick
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Img_5519

Turn the toothpick slightly around to make the hole a bit bigger. This way it will be easier to put them over the candlewick
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Img_5520

Slightly put back the candlewax and place them back in the tea light, now they are ready to burn...
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Img_5521

After 45 minutes, the wax is all melted and transparent, this is what you will see
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Img_5610

You can add some washi tape to the sides to make them more special
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Img_5522

Make your own collection and put them in a jar to give to a friend, succes guaranteed
Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED Img_5523

Hope you liked it! Wishing you lots of fun making your own!

Last edited by miekster on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED   Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 5:11 pm

these came out super cute!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED   Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 10:47 pm

Super cool Annemieke and great timing! I think these will make great little x-mas gifts. I am thinking of making a few for my sister and parents too! :biglove: :loveshower:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
ninigoesdigi
CT member
ninigoesdigi

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED   Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 12:51 am

I have a whole bunch of IKEA candles I haven't used yet for so long but I know now what I can do with them!! This year Xmas will be brighter!! thank you for the great inspiration!
Back to top Go down
http://ninigoesdigi.wordpress.com/
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED   Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 1:09 am

ninigoesdigi wrote:
I have a whole bunch of IKEA candles I haven't used yet for so long but I know now what I can do with them!! This year Xmas will be brighter!! thank you for the great inspiration!
OMG so funny ... you typing this made me think I have a whole bunch from Ikea too. They come in a giant bag right? :thumbs: too bad we don't all live near each other we could have a holiday tea light crafting night together ! :group hug: Now that would be a blast!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED   Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 10:02 am

I have the IKEA tealights too! And would love to join the tea light crafting night! LOL
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
ninigoesdigi
CT member
ninigoesdigi

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED   Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 2:32 am

jennmccabe wrote:

OMG so funny ... you typing this made me think I have a whole bunch from Ikea too. They come in a giant bag right? :thumbs: too bad we don't all live near each other we could have a holiday tea light crafting night together ! :group hug: Now that would be a blast!

Yes they do!! lol I had found a cute small glass pot in the colors of my interior that's why I bought those but I think I only used it once lol. I didn't stress much about it because I can use them in case of a power down time which can happen in case of a big shake te he he. At least I will have light! :teehee:
How awesome would that be!!!

mirjam wrote:
I have the IKEA tealights too! And would love to join the tea light crafting night! LOL

The more the merrier :grin:

Did someone checked if they can be crafted like this yet? I haven't but I will :giggle:
Back to top Go down
http://ninigoesdigi.wordpress.com/
MlleTerraMoka
CT member
MlleTerraMoka

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED   Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Awesome ! I love these littles candles
Very beautiful idea
Back to top Go down
http://mlleterramoka.canalblog.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED   Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hybrid... Tea Lights SCHEDULED
Page 1 of 1