Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED Empty
PostSubject: Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED   Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi everyone! Here we are at the last month of the year. Incredible how fast 12 months goes by! For our last Three Way series post, where we show you creative ways to use and stretch your stash, for the year 2017 ... I wanted to share with you an Anthropologie Ad that I was inspired by. I loved the different ways they matted the photos and thought this would translate well to scrapbooking.

Here's part of the AD from Anthropologie that made it's way into my inbox:

Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED Dec20111

I took the awesome inspiration from the Ad, and scrapped one photo 3 different ways with fresh photo mat ideas. Take a look:

1. The first example has a strip of solid paper under the photo and as a photo corner at the top. It uses white space to make everything pop. A small typewriter font is used for a title or details about the photo. And finally a little bit of word art is placed right over the photo as a way to add more text details about the photo. Here's how my first photo mat magic page turned out:

Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED Dec3wa10

2. The second example uses three different color blocks as the photo mat. I love this because I am one who almost always uses a white border around my photos, so this idea gave me an opportunity to push myself to use color. I kept the striped color blocking look for my page, but it would also look good if the photo mat was done in different shapes - say triangles maybe? And I really love the idea of adding text details in two colors with a little arrow between them. Fresh and fun! Here's my page:

Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED Dec3wa11

3. The third example uses a piece of diagonal striped paper with some torn edges. To make my own, I used a torn piece of paper from the Make a Change collab. I selected it (marching ants around it), aded a new layer, and on the new layer, I filled the torn paper selection with a white fill. I then drew a rectangle to the full size I wanted the diagonal striped paper photo mat to be and filled that with white. I placed both layers so that they lined up nicely and then I merged these two layers creating a custom made photo mat with a nice torn edge near the bottom. I clipped some striped paper to it. I used a handwritten font and applied a distressed stamp look style to it for the title. I finished off the look with a tiny stamp detail. Here's my final page:

Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED Dec3wa12

What do you think? Did Anthropologie deliver some awesome photo mat magic or what? I had so much fun trying these ideas on my pages. So don't forget to eye up your inbox contents for possible scrapbooking inspiration before you hit delete. You never know what may inspire your next page.
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED   Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 5:47 pm

AWESOME! I always look for inspiration in ads for mt layouts and these are such fantastic easy to do ideas Jenn!
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
RikkiD

RikkiD

PostSubject: Re: Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED   Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 6:47 pm

I love all three examples, Jenn. Awesome find!
I'll definitely incorporate those ideas into my next pages.
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED   Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 7:31 pm

RikkiD wrote:
I love all three examples, Jenn. Awesome find!
I'll definitely incorporate those ideas into my next pages.
glad you like ... if you want to play along ... there's a similar challenge in the Challenge Forum for December. I'll be looking for CT sample pages over there in that thread.
Back to top Go down
dvhoward

dvhoward

PostSubject: Re: Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED   Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 12:45 am

This is FABULOUS!! Love the inspiration here. I'll put together a page later today.
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED   Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 6:05 pm

dvhoward wrote:
This is FABULOUS!!  Love the inspiration here.  I'll put together a page later today.
thanks Diane!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED   Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 10:01 am

:burnheart: :thumbsup:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED   Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dec 12th : Three Way | Photo Mat Magic SCHEDULED
Page 1 of 1