Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July Tutorial & Tips (READY)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jk703

jk703

July Tutorial & Tips (READY) Empty
PostSubject: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 5:30 am

Emphasizers No 2 Text in a Shape

Lots of images.... :)

Hi Everyone! It's Jenn, aka jk703, here for a fun tutorial using Mirjam's Emphasizers No.2 for journal spots! Here are a few that I chose that could work with journal entries. There are even clouds or arrows to use also!
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-TVZcc9t

First, I'm going to use the Magic Wand Tool.
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-mV2qtrN

Then I will make sure I have one of my shapes chosen in the Layers Palette. I'm starting with the Talk Bubble. :)
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-PtTxb4X

Using the Magic Wand, and the shape, I click inside the bubble. I then get marching ants around the inside. Like this:
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-gMh8qvx

Now, I have my Paths available next to my Layers Palette. If you don't then just click on Windows > Paths. A menu will appear. In the top right, click on the small lines, and then choose Make Work Path.
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-ChvcfkH

A pop up will appear for Tolerance. Tolerance determines how close to the edges you want to get. The range is .5 to 10 pixels. I've always used 2. The higher you go the smoother the edge will appear. Once you hit enter, click on the Type Tool, and then within the shape where you want to journal.
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-xBMHZdn

Type away.... :) Play with the font size and spacing to make sure your font can fit the shape you are typing in. This can make a huge difference in the appearance.
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-xhfPhq4

I did the same steps and type a little happy message in this doodle!
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-XX6qnGv

OK. The next shape is tricky. Why? That itty bitty corner that is open. If you use the Magic Wand, your marching ants will be marching all over! So, let's fix it!
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-T9927d9

First, make a duplicate layer of the frame.
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-nLppddS

Now, on the duplicate copy layer, using the Rectangular Marquee Tool, just make a small square and fill it in on the original doodle layer. (To fill in marching ants, press Command + Delete and you will fill in the shape with the background color).
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-sShkCdF

After you have your rectangle fully shaped and enclosed completely, choose the Magic Wand. On the duplicate layer, click on the inner box to get marching ants.
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-jwmQhLc

Now, choose your Type Tool, click within the shape and start typing your story. I started mine, and the "I'm" was stuck at the top. Don't worry you can fix that. Just click in front of that word and hit enter.
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-bVSxDsC

As you can see, after hitting enter, it looks much better. Now, you might notice that it is TOO close to the edges. We can fix that too!
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-FD8L9Fn

Choose the Move Tool, and then make the text scaled smaller between 96-98%. Make sure you click the lock button to keep the ratio for the font sizing. Lastly, either delete or turn off the visibility of the original frame so that you don't have that silly box in the corner!
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-bVWjCr2

There you go... journaling within the Emphasizers!
July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-rP96KFH

Last edited by jk703 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:06 am

Tip #1 [POSTED IN JULY BYOC NEWSLETTER]

Transform Tool Tip - Holding down the Shift Key while re-sizing an item will make sure the ratio remains intact. No more skewed images or elements!
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:09 am

Tip #2 [POSTED IN AUGUST BYOC NEWSLETTER]

What's better than nudging to move things in a straight line? Why, holding the Shift Key! If you hold down the shift key when using the Move Tool, it will move your object in a straight horizontal or straight vertical movement. It's definitely much quicker than trying to nudge something over one pixel at a time with the arrow keys!
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 11:44 am

Great tips! I use those all the time and I am pretty sure that people that don't know them yet are going to be very happy to learn! Als LOVE the text in a shape idea Jenn, thanks a million for using the Emphasizer set for this! :burnheart: :loveshower: :smooch:
Back to top Go down
https://pinkreptiledesigns.forumotion.com
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Love it!!! Such a good idea for using those emphasizers Jenn! This is a great reminder to use text on a path for some and ... I'm sure there are many, many scrappers who have absolutely no idea how to do that! They will be thrilled! :loveshower:
Back to top Go down
Ga_L

Ga_L

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 1:58 pm

awesome ! thank you for the tips. I need to try it
Back to top Go down
https://scrapdegal.wordpress.com
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Awww ladies! Thanks! I've been having such a bad day, that your words mean more than you know! Thanks! :heartshape:
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 7:17 pm

:smooch:
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 5:03 am

Here is the layout I made. It's a bit on the plain side, but I think I scrap plainly, lol!

I was going to use the polaroids, but it didn't look right. I'll be sure to use them in the future. (Sorry!)

July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I-9bZPVrT
Back to top Go down
mirjam
Admin
mirjam

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 11:09 am

I LOVE your page Jenn!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jk703

jk703

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 3:15 pm

Great! Thanks, Mirjam! :heartshape:
Back to top Go down
jennmccabe

jennmccabe

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 3:39 pm

that is gorgeous! the inky frame looks awesome ... and i love the touch of the stamping along the paper edge too! (i have to get my blog written today ... i am lacking inspiration at the moment ... need to hit up Pinterest I think! :thumbsup: )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: July Tutorial & Tips (READY)   July Tutorial & Tips (READY) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

July Tutorial & Tips (READY)
Page 1 of 1